Are you looking for a simple yet delicious and impressive recipe for any special occasion? If the answer is yes, stop looking, we have you covered!
These vanilla scallops with cava sauce are so flavourful and easy to make they might as well become your go-to dish for Valentine’s and Christmas day alike 😊
Vanilla Scallops with Cava Sauce recipe
Preparation time: 5 min – Cooking time: 10 min
Ingredients for 2 servings (as a main dish)
– 10 large, cleaned scallops, around 350g-400g in total
– 5 vanilla pods
– 75 g of butter
– 1 tspn of olive oil
– 2 glasses of cava or champagne
1. Cut the vanilla pods in half, and reserve.
2. Pierce each scallop all the way through with a piece of vanilla pod.
3. Melt 25 grams of butter and a little olive oil in a non-stick pan. Once butter is melted, turn the heat down to low and start cooking the scallops, do not hesitate to pour some of the melted butter on top of the scallops.
4. Once the scallops are done (2-3 minutes on each side), remove them from the pan. Raise the heat and deglaze* with the Cava. Once all the alcohol is evaporated, turn off the heat and add the rest of butter to the sauce.
5. Serve your scallops with the sauce, any vegetable side dish will match perfectly with it.
* Deglazing is a cookery technique that involves adding liquid to the tasty residue in a pan and stirring to create a rich sauce or gravy.
Did you like this vanilla scallops with cava sauce recipe ? If so, share it with your friends!